Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Halloween is my Favorite!

  • Tuesday, November 09, 2010
  • Tim & I celebrated our first holiday in the house last week - one of my favorites - Halloween!

    Saturday morning, I took Kaiser to his first doggie party - a Howl-O-Ween party at a shopping center nearby. There was a doggie cafe that served brunch (a variety of homemade treats) and he got to mingle for the first time with lots of different dogs. He loved meeting everyone and showing off his costume. I was proud that many people commented on what good manners he has.

    After an awesome (and late-running) party at our friend's house Saturday night, we were moving a little slow come Halloween Day. Of course we had stocked up with a huge bag of candy at Costco and were thrilled to be living in a neighborhood with lots of kids.

    At 6pm sharp, the doorbell rang and we had our first trick-or-treater all dressed up as.... a kid. In shorts and flip-flops. No mask, no makeup, nothing. Just an open bag. Bummer. Not exactly what I had been looking forward to. Thankfully things picked up and we hauled our folding chairs out onto the driveway as hoards of adorably dressed kids mobbed the neighborhood. We had Princesses, Fairies, Super Heroes, Doctors, Gouls you name it!

    Kaiser laid in between our chairs sometimes getting to his feet to greet all of our little visitors. He was gracious and seemed to know that they were little people and he should put up with whatever they doled out. He let them pet him, squeeze him and just generally love on him without batting an eye. Occasionally he would look up at us as is to ask, "Am I being a Good Boy? Is this okay?"

    By 6:40 we were running low on candy, so Tim raced off to the store to get more. Kai continued to lay in between our chairs and watch the kids. One set of 3 kids probably about 7 or 8 came running up the driveway and Kai must not have liked that. He growled and barked at them, which scared me more then the kids, but I wasn't happy with him at all. He went inside and had to rest in his box. Of course I reported this to Tim when he returned a few minutes later. He thought we should bring Kaiser back outside with us and see what happened.

    He was a perfect puppy. Tim explained to me that Kaiser thought the running kids were coming at me, and felt the need to protect me because Tim was gone. Suddenly it made sense.

    I guess the moral of the story is that Kaiser is exactly how we hoped he would be. He loves people, he loves other dogs, he even likes the cats..... but if he feels anyone is threatening his family, he becomes protective and will bark his warning. I guess Tim isn't my only protector, and on this Halloween, he wasn't my only Big Bad Wolf!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    (c) Copyright 2010 Tim & Autumn. Blogger template by Bloggermint