Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Another Day, Another Test....: Thursday, May 26, 2011

  • Tuesday, July 19, 2011
  • Labels: , ,
  • Preface: The posts in this series were written in the past. I am posting them chronologically, but these events are not taking place right now, they already happened. The date in the title of each post is the date it was originally written.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Went in for my second blood test this morning. Again, there was no real reason for Tim to go, so I just stopped there on my way to work.

    I needed some of my many prescriptions refilled. I am to maintain my current medications until 8 weeks into the pregnancy, then there are a few that I will maintain through the entire first trimester, and a couple even beyond that. I was really hoping they would eliminate at least one of my injectables. I'm tender and sore and bruised. No such luck, but for the little guy(s) in my tummy, I'd do anything.

    We agreed that I should answer when they called and then phone Tim with the results.

    My hCG levels came back at 916. That is wonderful. The indicator of a healthy pregnancy are levels that double every 48 hours. Mine a little more than doubled. That's good news.

    I googled about hCG levels (resisting google is futile!) and found there is not necessarily a correlation between the actual numbers and the chances of twins. Apparently there are only 2 sure ways to know. Ultrasound or birth.

    Now we have a very long, very difficult 19 (?) days to wait until the next test, which will be our first ultrasound. That ultrasound will determine if there are 1 or 2 babies hanging out in there and if he/she/they is/are developing normally so far.

    In the meantime, we are formulating a plan for telling our families on Father's Day weekend and I'm planning to order the items we will need for the "big reveal" tonight. Man, I hate keeping secrets.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    (c) Copyright 2010 Tim & Autumn. Blogger template by Bloggermint