Preface: The posts in this series were written in the past. I am posting them chronologically, but these events are not taking place right now, they already happened. The date in the title of each post is the date it was originally written.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I lied to my Mom. She had come over this morning to drop off some produce. We used to always go to Bountiful Baskets together but since the move that is really impractical. Often she offers to pick up our basket for us and then bring it by so we can chat while I unpack fruits and veggies. It works out really well.
This morning I had completely forgotten she was coming over 8ish. And we had an appointment to have a blood draw and an ultrasound at 9. (The scatterbrain part may be kicking in....)
With my Mom and my husband standing in the kitchen, Tim mentions that we need to be going to an appointment soon and I'm stammering something about our insurance agent as we forcibly rush Mom out the door.
Either she knows I'm lying about something or she thinks I'm a stressed out mess. Oops.

0 comments:
Post a Comment