Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Answers

  • Saturday, August 13, 2011
  • Labels: ,
  • Note: We are now all caught up. What you will read here from this point forward are current events, not things that have already happened. I have been taking the easy road by posting things written a while back and I have not been good about making new entries over the last several weeks - please forgive me.

    I want to keep an accurate account of our pregnancy not just to share the details with our friends and family, but to help me remember and to be able to tell the babies about it years from now.

    With that in mind, there may be some entries that skate into "TMI" (Too Much Information) territory. If something bothers you, please stop reading. I will tag these entries as TMI so you can choose if you want to read them or skip them.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     A few times during our pregnancy, I have experienced some bleeding. There is nothing scarier to a pregnant lady than seeing blood, let me tell you. The first time was really nothing. The second time was more frightening, but I found solace in a moms of twins message board and learned that many twin moms experience some bleeding. Because I was not experiencing and cramping or clotting, I felt okay waiting the 2 days until my next OB appointment and ultrasound to talk to my Dr. about it. The U/S showed that the babies were doing wonderfully, and Tim & I let out a sigh of relief.

    Last week while Tim was in the hospital, I had another bleeding episode. This time there was more blood than before, and more fear, too. I called the on-call Dr. at 2:30 in the morning. She gave me her thoughts about what could be happening - none of which required me to go to the Emergency Room, but she did want to see me the following day to help figure it out for sure.

    It turns out that one of her ideas was spot on. I have a subchorionic hemorrhage. It is something that happens for no real reason in about 20% of pregnancies and the vast majority of the time, there is no harm done to the babies - just a lot of worried mamas. Nothing I have done caused it, and nothing I can do or not do will make it go away - it's just "one of those things".

    My Dr. is keeping a very close eye on us - U/S at every appointment to make sure things are well, and I am asked to call any time anything feels "off" to me.

    Honestly, I'm pretty excited about the frequent U/S... I love seeing the babies and their different little personalities. "A" is pretty relaxed, preferring to only move around to get comfortable. I call "A" a girl - she has a round little face and a chubby tummy. She almost always has her legs tucked in close.  "B" I call a boy - he is always moving around and not just to get comfortable - he is playing in there - jumping around and really having fun! He has long legs and likes to stretch out.

    Our next official appointment will be the big one - the one where we learn the sexes of the babies. Tim and I are over the moon and I know that there are a lot of people who are anxious to learn the results of that ultrasound as well.

    In the meantime, I promise that I'm taking good care of Tim, myself and the little friends in my uterus.

    2 comments:

    ONEdotTWO said...

    Girl, you are one of the strongest women I know.

    I also had a subchorionic hemorrhage, which was spotted in the first few weeks of being pregnant, and I too thoroughly enjoyed the regular u/s's. The first one she just looked like a crescent moon : )

    I am so excited for you guys, and getting to know the sexes will be the icing on the cake (bite) ; )

    karina said...

    I am super excited for you to find out the babies genders. And it's your blog girl, TMI be damned. :)

    Post a Comment

    (c) Copyright 2010 Tim & Autumn. Blogger template by Bloggermint