Today I'm going to talk about it a little bit. More than a mention in passing, but not enough to let it "win" this day.
This morning, my beautiful step daughter, her boyfriend, my sister in law, Tim's cousin and her daughter, and my in-laws all hiked 7 miles in Flagstaff in the Climb to Conquer Cancer. That's the kind of attention I like - the kind that only serves to beat the cancer down. To degrade it and show it who's boss. The days when our family stands on top of the mountain victorious all for Tim.
We both have great family. We have surrounded ourselves with amazing life long friends. We have a support system that can't be beat. And we have "the brotherhood" - a force to be reckoned with. What is the brotherhood? It's something that I didn't used to know about. Something I that maybe I heard about on TV. It's something that happens when a bunch of people do push-ups together, develop deep bonds, fight crime and have each other's backs no matter what. It's not a myth - it's very real in the thoughts and actions of a Department that loves my husband unconditionally. It's a kind of unconditional love that I have witnessed repeatedly and I know exists. It is like another family.
These men and women - these friends, these "Brothers" and "Sisters" - have watched Tim and I struggling these last few months and have jumped to our aid. They have run our errands, cut our yard, sprayed for crickets, they have sent cards and emails expressing their support, visited, laughed and brought care packages. They have loved us in a time when we have most needed it in every way.
Thursday, that love is being taken to a whole new level. They have worked tirelessly to put together a benefit BBQ to help Tim and me with some of the daily financial struggles that Cancer has brought us. If you are free, we would love to see you. Come and let those sworn to protect and serve you 'serve' you a burger. These are some of the most loving and selfless people you will ever get the chance to meet.
Click HERE to see the full sized flyer....


0 comments:
Post a Comment