Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Due Date

  • Sunday, December 18, 2011
  • Labels: , , ,
  • In the past I have worried myself about due dates a lot. When are my library books due? When was that movie due back at Blockbuster? (Damn, another late fee... I'll pay it next time.) When is my report due? When is that project due?

    Now, I am confronted with another kind of due date, and it is a little subjective. When we found out we were pregnant, Tim and I were told that our due date was January 30th.

    A "normal" pregnancy lasts 40 weeks. A "normal" pregnancy is one baby growing inside one lady. As you know, this is not a "normal" pregnancy.

    Twins are considered full term at 37 weeks instead of 40 weeks. Because of this, we decided to calculate backward and start telling people our "twin due date" of January 8th. We were concerned that if we kept sharing the January 30th date and the babies were born at 36 or 37 weeks, people would be worried about the kids because they were "premature" when in actuality they would be considered full-term twins.


    As that date approaches, I can tell you I am ready. Their room has all the things a nursery should have. Their car seats have been safely installed in my car by a Chandler Fire Captain who seemed very wise. I have a hospital bag packed, several family members, friends and neighbors on speed-dial and a list of people to text when they arrive. I am not scared, maybe because I can not justify fear after seeing how brave Tim was with all he went through, and I know he will be there with me. I just want to meet our son and our daughter, hold them in my arms and kiss their sweet faces.

    I'm thinking less about the "due date" and more about how full I feel and how their movements are reflecting their beginning to feel constricted. I'm simultaneously exhausted and giddy with anticipation. 

    1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    i have faith that you and the babies will do just fine! you have so many people who wish all good things... keep the faith.. glad to hear you are all prepared for the arrival of the twins.. .... with love...tia

    Post a Comment

    (c) Copyright 2010 Tim & Autumn. Blogger template by Bloggermint