Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

We Are The First Losers

  • Thursday, December 29, 2011
  • Labels: , , ,
  • Well, it's looking like Brittany and I will be the first losers in the friendly family competition betting on the date of the babies' arrival.

    Our chosen date is today, December 29th. It is now going on 3pm and I must say that is does not feel like there will be any action in the next 9 hours. The good news is that this was not a monetary bet and we still end up with 2 wonderful babies at the end, regardless of our losing status.

    On Christmas night I did go to the hospital after about 6 hours of very consistent "different feeling" contractions and unusually low movement from Miss Ayla. They hooked me up to some monitors to "look" at the contractions and check on the kids, checked for dilation (none) and decided it was best to give me a contraction stopping shot and send me on my way.

    Since then things have been relatively un-exciting aside from the kids getting really rowdy yesterday. That was entertaining for me and for my Mom & Dad who were marveling at how they could see the huge movements in my belly across the room.
    Dad: "Oh my gosh! Did you see that?"
    Me: "No, but I felt it - it's in my tummy, remember? Ha!"

    I'm on orders to "take it easy" and spend most of my time on the couch. I am also to be watching my sodium, wear very sexy compression socks and I'll be starting an iron supplement today because my hemoglobin is a tiny bit low. All in all I am holding up marvelously for a lady growing 2 babies.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    (c) Copyright 2010 Tim & Autumn. Blogger template by Bloggermint