I love photographs.
In high school, I remember going with a friend to the photo lab so that he could work on a project over our lunch break. That day something happened inside me. I fell in love with the process of creating everlasting images.
The following semester, I signed up for a photography class. By the next semester, I was taking photography for half my school day, I was living and breathing film and the beautiful chemical smell of the darkroom. It was the first thing for which I received so many accolades, compliments and awards. I was finally good at something. People were noticing me. I had a talent.
Over the years, I have almost stopped taking artistic photographs - now my photos are nothing more than good snapshots, but I still have a love for good photography, particularly portraits.
Throughout Tim's and my relationship, I have taken a lot of photos. Those pictures capture our memories, our time together, our adventures, our falling in love. Moments of happiness frozen in time. Tim and I had some great engagement pictures done. When we were married, the photographer and the food were the 2 most important things about the wedding to us.
I had always thought that when we were pregnant, we would have maternity photos taken. I had looked at them with envy - the dad looking lovingly at mom's belly full of their upcoming baby. I had seen friends post them on Facebook, I had seen them all over the internet and even in picture frames on so-worker's desks. It was a happy thought: that would be us some day.
....TO BE CONTINUED.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Autumn
- Learning to navigate the unpredictable waters of life as a new mom and a young widow.... still with the sweetest puppy imaginable.
Labels
anson
(25)
ayla
(25)
baby fever
(34)
bad news
(4)
cake bites
(3)
cake bites by autumn
(4)
dating
(3)
deep thoughts?
(32)
development
(7)
family
(28)
friends
(16)
good news
(24)
grief
(1)
Home Improvements
(3)
IVF
(22)
job
(5)
kai
(8)
love
(6)
mommyhood
(20)
moving forward
(1)
pregnancy
(17)
questions
(11)
random thoughts
(25)
stupid effing cancer
(24)
suspense
(23)
the department
(7)
the twins
(44)
Tim
(47)
TMI
(7)
venting
(7)
widowhood
(12)
0 comments:
Post a Comment