This month Anson surprised us by rolling front to back on Sunday night. (I know this is his way of further avoiding his nemesis: "Tummy Time".) Not to be outdone, Ayla followed suit the next morning. I am now on high alert all the time.
Both of the kids have their moments of being outspoken and moments of shyness. They allow the other to "talk" and rarely "interrupt" one another. Ayla's voice is higher and very girly - Anson's is decidedly more masculine. Her hands are often open and graceful - his are usually balled up. Ayla poses for the camera while Anson clams up. I have to be pretty stealth to catch one of his incredibly big, warm smiles. He is a shameless flirt - she is a sparkly-eyed charmer.
Ayla has definitely discovered Anson this month. She rolls over to grab hold of him while they are playing and is fascinated by him. He is Mr. Laid Back (yea, that's clearly from his Daddy!) and just tolerates her constant pestering, not even complaining when she grabs onto his ears.
I am loving being their mom, hanging out with them, having adventures together. I talk to them and I make little voices for them with my interpretations of their responses. (What? I spend all day every day with babies - you knew that it would drive me to the edge of sanity at some point....) I like to think we have our own little inside jokes. I can make each of them laugh (well Anson chuckles and Ayla giggles) by kissing her belly or making faces at him.
I am their butt-wiper, their bottle bringer, their snot sucking, snuggler of a mom who plays, dances, comforts and cheers. The older they get, the more adoration I see in their eyes. They are understanding affection and will nuzzle their little heads into my neck and grab onto my shirt or my hair to try to pull me closer. I find the milestone I am most looking forward to is one that there is no place to write in their baby books - the intentional hug.
![]() |
| Ayla: Hmmm... what do we have here? Anson: Nom nom nom.... |
![]() |
| Ayla: Hey, brother... you should totally let me chew on your arm. Anson: What the...? |
![]() |
| Anson: Knock it off. I said no. |
![]() |
| Ayla: Oooh. I didn't know you were serious! Anson: Nom nom nom.... |
![]() |
| Ayla: Pleeeeeease? Anson: You're making me uncomfortable. |
![]() |
| Anson: Look! There's Kaiser! Ayla: Mmmm... tastes like chicken! |







0 comments:
Post a Comment