Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Octo-Yuck

  • Wednesday, June 01, 2011
  • News broke today that the Doctor who treated the "Octo Mom" has had his license revoked. Well, that sure took a long time. Doesn't seem like it would take much to see that he is not following proper medical protocol.

    I always wondered how on earth such a pregnancy could occur.

    How could a Doctor knowingly implant a woman with enough embryos to create that massive pregnancy? (She and I are in the same maternal age category used in IVF.) I know our Doctor recommends 2 embryos be implanted.  Maybe 3 if they are much lower quality and less likely to create a pregnancy.

    How could a woman with so many other children (6!) who was already on welfare afford IVF treatments in the first place? The average IVF cycle costs around $10,000 and that's if you are successful on the first try. Not exactly pocket change for anyone I know.

    I just feel so badly for those children. How they were unable to get everything they needed from their mom because all any mom can give is 100%.... when you divide that up by 8 babies it just plain isn't fair to do that to them. Daycares require there be a lower adult to child ratio than there is in her house. It's hard to imagine one single parent being able to care for the physical and emotional needs of 14 children.

    Glad that this wack-job Doctor won't be practicing medicine anymore and thankful that we feel so cared for by everyone at our clinic. We won't be having a whole litter when it's our turn, that I know.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    (c) Copyright 2010 Tim & Autumn. Blogger template by Bloggermint