Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Peace Out, Cowboy.

  • Saturday, May 28, 2011
  • Labels:
  • I've learned a whole lot from having Kaiser in the family. As my first dog, it has been his job to teach me about dog expressions, behavior and gestures. He's been a wonderful teacher.

    Tim and I have made a very conscientious effort since he was a puppy to socialize him and let him know what we expect of him. This has included us working hard on being consistent, bringing him to public places so he learns proper etiquette and almost daily trips to the dog park.

    Kai is pretty friendly - he will play with any dog. He knows no size, color or breed - everyone is a potential playmate. I generally find this quite endearing about him.

    In the 6 months that we have been going to the park, there have been 2 dogs that have had a problem with Kai. Both dogs have a reputation at the park as being vicious and attacking other dogs. I have no idea why their owners take them there considering their anti-social behavior. In both instances, the dog parents do not stay close by their dogs, and generally do not watch them. In both cases, Kaiser has been attacked by each dog totally unprovoked - he wasn't even trying to play with them.

    The first nasty dog is a wiener dog names Schnitzel. I know, you think a handsome German like Kai shouldn't have a care in the world for a wiener dog with an attitude problem, but I'm telling you, this guys is downright mean. Schnitzel will sink his teeth into my sweet baby and shake and his owner has offered me nothing but a "he's fine". (Hey, buddy, don't talk to me about how MY dog is. Kthxbye.)

    The second bad dog is a sheep herding dog named Cowboy. His owner sits on a picnic table and allows his wicked dog to go after any dog he chooses. Kai has been attacked by Cowboy an several occasions, and Cowboy will even run across the park just to "get" Kaiser. Tim was with him when the worst attack happened and Cowboy cornered Kai behind a trash can. Everyone there described Kai's noises and "crys of terror and pain". Tim scooped my baby dog up and came home. I think Cowboy's owner was pretty lucky that I wasn't there that day. Mama bear may have come out.

    So today there was another dog, same breed, same color named Cowboy at the park. Still a barker like lots of herding dogs, but not mean. It was strange. A New Cowboy. I didn't know what to think.... had Cowboy been reformed? I couldn't spot his owner, but as inattentive as he is, that didn't surprise me.

    I found out from New Cowboy's dad they are new here and came in with an unfortunate name and look. . Bad Cowboy has been ejected from the park and banished never to return. It's a day of celebration in my book.

    All I have to say is "look out" to any of you that frequent Cosmo. I hear that's where Bad Cowboy goes now, and he's a mean one.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    (c) Copyright 2010 Tim & Autumn. Blogger template by Bloggermint