Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Friday the 13th: Friday, May 13, 2011

  • Friday, July 15, 2011
  • Labels: , ,
  • Preface: The posts in this series were written in the past. I am posting them chronologically, but these events are not taking place right now, they already happened. The date in the title of each post is the date it was originally written.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I was born on October 13th. It was a Saturday, but a few of my favorite birthdays have been on Fridays the 13th. My "Golden" birthday #13 and also good old #21.

    So when I had the choice of the date of our implantation and I picked a Friday (less time to miss work), the Nurse asked if we are superstitious. Definitely not.

    Friday morning I got some Cake Bites orders ready and checked email (with my lucky black cat sitting on my lap). Check in for the implantation was at 11:15 and I was instructed to have a full bladder, so as we sat in the waiting room, I was drinking a ton of water.

    We were led back into the "Surgical Lounge", which although it sounds like it might be hip with martinis and low music, is quite the opposite. Tim and I both changed into our scrubs and waited nervously for the Doctor to show his face while the Nurse went through all the instructions and had us sign 30 forms. The process was oh, so familiar.

    All the other waiting couples had been led away, returned, allowed to use the bathroom (Oh, I was jealous!), changed and had gone home. We were the last people in the Surgical Lounge.....

    Finally, the Doc came in and headed toward us to tell us how the thaw had gone and how my levels were looking. My body was finally primed and ready to go. Our 2 little embryos had survived without any downgrade in quality. That is pretty wonderful and unusual. He explained that with such high quality embryos, we had a 72% pregnancy rate and a 2/3 chance of twins. We assured him repeatedly that we were thrilled with these odds, and he left to make final preparations.

    Moments later we walked down the hall and into the Operating Room. Tim was able to sit by me and hold my hand while the team of 2 Doctors and 4 helpers implanted our 2 perfect embryos into me. We saw it all on a screen, and I have to say, it was great to hear the Doctor mutter "bullseye!" when they both landed on the "sweet spot" in my uterus.

    Let the couch rest and the waiting begin.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    (c) Copyright 2010 Tim & Autumn. Blogger template by Bloggermint