Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

How Would You Like Your Eggs?: Wednesday, March 23, 2011

  • Monday, July 11, 2011
  • Labels: , , ,
  • Preface: The posts in this series were written in the past. I am posting them chronologically, but these events are not taking place right now, they already happened. The date in the title of each post is the date it was originally written.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    At 6:00 this morning when we went in for the egg retrieval I was scared, but I didn't cry. 

    I changed into my very fashion-forward outfit, kissed my husband goodbye and walked into the OR on my own two feet. 

    I remember asking the anesthesiologist to scratch my nose because I told her it itched really bad. I remember it being very cold in there. I remember them hiking my "skirt" up, and I remember the nurse asking the anesthesiologist if what people visualize while they are going under on Propofol is what they "dream" about while they are asleep. The consensus was no. I still visualized babies. They were cute.

    The next thing I remembered, I was in the recovery area, Tim was there and my nurse was there. The nurse told me that while I was first waking up, she asked my what I dreamed about and I said "I was in Italy". Funny because when I was actually in Italy, I dreamed of babies. A round about way to get there, I suppose. 

    By the time we left, I knew that the fluid that was in my endometrium had been removed by the Vitamin E that I had taken 2 days prior. I knew the number of eggs that had been retrieved. I knew my husband was going to jab me with a needle tonight and I knew I still wanted the bacon cheeseburger I had talked about on the way to our early morning appointment. 

    Most of the morning was slept away. Most of the day was lazy. There is very little discomfort - only enough to warrant a Tylenol. I am not nauseous. As evening approaches, I am anxious to get the call from the lab tomorrow to tell me about my egg quality and how they liked being injected with Tim's sperm. 

    This morning while I was sleeping, there were people in a lab growing me babies and that makes me smile. 

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    (c) Copyright 2010 Tim & Autumn. Blogger template by Bloggermint