Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Looking Good: Friday, March 25, 2011

  • Tuesday, July 12, 2011
  • Labels: , , ,
  • Preface: The posts in this series were written in the past. I am posting them chronologically, but these events are not taking place right now, they already happened. The date in the title of each post is the date it was originally written.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I've decided not to share numbers when it comes to how many eggs were retrieved and how many embryos we have growing. Maybe this is silly, but I know that there are a lot of people who have moral and religious issues with IVF. I was personally quite surprised to learn that some very big churches are quite against IVF all together. I respect people's right to feel how they choose about IVF, but I do not want to feel like I have to justify the already difficult process that we have been through.

    I know that we feel fine about it. I know that we have made the right choices for us. I know that our families and friends support us.

    That said, we are very pleased with the results of the egg retrieval. My eggs were high quality (maybe all that bee pollen and royal jelly really did some magic!). Tim's sperm did their job. We have a sufficient number of embryos to try more then once if necessary. Best of all, one of our embryos is rated "very good". That is the best rating available, and the Doctor said that they only have 4 per year at their clinic. Pretty impressive, huh? Already a little over-achiever!

    It is a relief to have this part of the process done. They will watch our little embryos and we will return in a few days to have them put inside my uterus.

    This is a surreal wait.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    (c) Copyright 2010 Tim & Autumn. Blogger template by Bloggermint