Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

What's Up, Doc?: Sunday, March 27, 2011

  • Wednesday, July 13, 2011
  • Labels: , ,
  • Preface: The posts in this series were written in the past. I am posting them chronologically, but these events are not taking place right now, they already happened. The date in the title of each post is the date it was originally written.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Today we got in the car and I drove us to the Surgical Center for the implantation.

    We waited, were called back and I went into the bathroom to change into my surgical outfit. Tim put on his over his clothes. We sat there holding hands and being quiet. We eavesdropped on other couples in neighboring "rooms" from whom we were separated only by curtains. I prayed hard for the couple next to us. Two teachers implanting their last embryo.

    We took our feet picture and waited some more.

    Finally, the Doctor came in. This time he was heading for us. I squeezed Tim's hand.


    ...............................................................................................................................


    This is the part where I wish I could tell you that everything was perfect. That the embryos look good and that my blood tests showed that I was in prime condition to accept those little embryos into my body. But that's not what happened.

    Instead we were sent home. My body progressed too quickly after the harvesting of the eggs and I was now almost 72 hours "too far along" to make it a viable transfer. He recommended doing a "freeze all" which is exactly what it sounds like.

    I have mixed emotions.

    On one hand, I feel that my body was focused on making eggs this cycle and did not have the left over energy to prepare a place for those little embryos, so this will be better. I can focus on preparing their home and making it perfect for them.

    On the other hand, I am so sad that we will now have to wait 2 cycles. One month of birth control pills to prep and another of all those miserable drugs all over again. More bloat, more bruising, more pumping myself full of a dozen different drugs. Time's a wastin'.

    I deleted that feet picture from my camera. It makes me sad.

    3 comments:

    Becky said...

    :*(

    ONEdotTWO said...

    You just made me cry. God I hope this works out for you two. You so deserve it.

    april said...

    I only wish for you to have the moments of happiness that you deserve and i know it will happen. The picture of the feet :(

    Post a Comment

    (c) Copyright 2010 Tim & Autumn. Blogger template by Bloggermint