Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Test Day: Tuesday, May 24, 2011

  • Monday, July 18, 2011
  • Labels: , , ,
  • Preface: The posts in this series were written in the past. I am posting them chronologically, but these events are not taking place right now, they already happened. The date in the title of each post is the date it was originally written.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Appointment at the Doctor's office at 7:30. That means getting up super early. I set the alarm.

    As I'm getting ready Kaiser is being a pain. I have left the back door ajar for him so he has free access to the yard and can entertain himself. I keep checking on him. He's playing with his frisbee. (Best 99 cents I have ever spent.)  A while later he appears to be chasing the air. Later he is patrolling the yard. Later I look out again. He is galloping through the yard with a rope in his mouth. I go outside. It is not a rope, it is a length of cable. I don't see any places he has dug, so I write it off and bring him in the house.

    I finish getting ready and get out the door.

    No need for Tim to be at the appointment. This is a boring appointment. Nothing exciting - just a blood draw. A blood draw that I will inevitably think about all day.

    I ask the nurse to please call me as late in the day as possible and leave the results including my HCG numbers on my voicemail. I know whatever the result, there will be tears and I don't want to find out at work. I want to be with Tim.

    I make it to the office 45 minutes ahead of my scheduled start time. I don't let myself get loose on google punching in anything about the HCG test. I just check email, catch up on Facebook and read the news. That woman Casey Anthony's trial is starting today. She makes me sick. I would have taken that beautiful little girl off her hands. 

    Work, work, work... meet a friend for lunch and have good conversation to keep me distracted. Also have a great Mexican chicken dish. Back to the office. Busy afternoon - deadlines looming - I forget about it for the most part. Except Tim is texting me here and there about it. He is more nervous than I am. I'm not nervous. What's done is done. Nothing at this point can change the result of this test. There was no additional studying I could have done in that waiting room to assure a higher score. I feel good about it.

    Late in the afternoon, I see the Doctor's office calling. I don't answer. 

    Tim has a contractor at the house he is meeting with so we don't get to chat on the phone on my way home like we do most days. I call a girl friend instead so I'm not tempted to check the message. We chat all the way home.

    When I get home, Tim is rushing around and talking on the phone. The cable wasn't "nothing", it went to our air conditioner unit. It's 89 degrees in the bedroom. He's got to get it up and running ASAP, so we wait to listen to the message.

    As soon as he gets to a stopping point, he rushes to the kitchen. We dial it up. It sounds like she is talking in slow motion. I hear her say "definitely positive" and then I tune out because I'm too busy hugging Tim and jumping and crying and making excited noises. We have to re-listen to the message to get the numbers. HCG at 423. According to the internet, that's high. They have me scheduled for another test Thursday. 

    Tim had to run to Home Depot to buy supplies to fix the A/C and he kissed me goodbye. And kissed my belly. Twice. (Now who's superstitious?) 

    The hardest part was when my parents came by with my Dad's cousin an hour later and we had to act like everything was normal. I'm so excited to tell them. They will be as happy as we are. 

    Being cautiously optimistic, but truly ecstatic. I wonder if I will sleep tonight.





    3 comments:

    Becky said...

    Hooray, hooray, hooray!!! I have been waiting for this one!! :-D

    Stacy said...

    Aah, so exciting!! Looking forward to more of your updates to see how this all turns out. :)

    Rachel said...

    I'm so incredibly happy for you guys!! The suspense is almost too much with these!! <3 you!!

    Post a Comment

    (c) Copyright 2010 Tim & Autumn. Blogger template by Bloggermint