Today I was shopping and I saw this beautifully illustrated children's book. I picked it up to look at it and I started reading and I started crying. It's words are perfect: as if Tim wrote it for the babies.
The book is Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You by Nancy Tillman. The version I bought has dolphins on the cover. One adult dolphin (Tim) and 2 baby dolphins behind him.
I bought it so that I can read it to Anson & Ayla as they grow to help them understand how much their Daddy loves them. This is what it says:
"I wanted you more than you ever will know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go.
It's high as you'll wish it. It's quick as an elf. You'll never outgrow it.... it stretches itself!
Make a big splash! Go out on a limb! My love will find you. My love can swim!
It never gets lost, never fades, never ends....
if you're working....
or playing....
or sitting with friends.
You can dance til you're dizzy...
paint til you're blue...
There's no place, not one, that my love can't find you.
And if someday you're lonely, or someday you're sad, or you strike out at baseball, or think you've been bad...
just lift up your face, feel the wind in your hair. That's me, my sweet baby, my love is right there.
In the green of the grass... in the smell of the sea... in the clouds floating by... at the top of a tree... in the sound crickets make at the end of the day... "You are loved, you are loved, you are loved, " they all say.
My love is so high, so wide and so deep, it's always right there, even when you're asleep.
So hold your head high and don't be afraid to march to the front of your own parade.
If you're still my small babe or you're all the way grown, my promise to you is you're never alone.
You are my angel, my darling, my star... and my love will find you, wherever you are."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Autumn
- Learning to navigate the unpredictable waters of life as a new mom and a young widow.... still with the sweetest puppy imaginable.
Labels
anson
(25)
ayla
(25)
baby fever
(34)
bad news
(4)
cake bites
(3)
cake bites by autumn
(4)
dating
(3)
deep thoughts?
(32)
development
(7)
family
(28)
friends
(16)
good news
(24)
grief
(1)
Home Improvements
(3)
IVF
(22)
job
(5)
kai
(8)
love
(6)
mommyhood
(20)
moving forward
(1)
pregnancy
(17)
questions
(11)
random thoughts
(25)
stupid effing cancer
(24)
suspense
(23)
the department
(7)
the twins
(44)
Tim
(47)
TMI
(7)
venting
(7)
widowhood
(12)
6 comments:
That is so sweet..you just made me cry! I'm so glad you found that, what an amazingly perfect book!!!
Tressa
This could work for me as well. Thanks for posting this! I needed to hear it.
~Brittany
What a tender story.
i loved it. that is something that will help out for yrs to come. thanks for sharing.
lorea
Hi! What a beautiful message. :)
I am trying to complete my collection of offers on Nancy Tillman’s Books and Stuffed animals for this season. However, I have not been able to get the Wherever You Are – My love will find you dolphin book. I have tried the stores close to me but they are out of them.
Can you tell me where I can order it from? I would appreciate your help.
Thank You,
Colleen
Colleen,
I purchased the original book at Kohl's in October. I went back in November and purchased another one so each of the kids have their special story from their Daddy.
It appears that you can purchase a copy online here: http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/landingpages/kohlscares/kidscausemerchandise/PRD~c24877/Kohls+Cares+Nancy+Tillman+Wherever+You+Are+Collection.jsp
Best of luck!
Autumn
Post a Comment