06.09.10
Have I ever mentioned how much I detest needles?
When I have blood drawn, I have the tech talk to me about anything just to distract me. Really. Anything. It's funny, but when you put people on the spot, they have a hard time coming up with something to talk about. I generally suggest telling me about their children, pet, what they had for breakfast - anything to make my mind wander just long enough that the needle and blood part is over.
Several years ago, I decided to start donating blood as a way to get over my fears. Although I donate blood every 6 weeks or so, my fear persists.
So when we went to the fertility Dr. and learned that I would have the pleasure of injecting myself with medicine, I was less than excited. When the day came over the weekend that I had to give myself my first shot, it was not a pretty sight. Imagine me: crying, holding a loaded needle inches from my belly, counting to 3 over and over again thinking, "this time, I'm really going to do it". My sweet husband sat beside me, held my hand, tried to talk rationally to me, and even offered to do it for me. It took 25 minutes, but I finally got the job done.
The second time was much easier once I knew what to expect. I suppose that the third time will be easier still.
Knowing that this sometimes frustrating process will help to give us what we want so much gives the the peace of mind to grin and bear it. The end certaily justifies the means.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Autumn
- Learning to navigate the unpredictable waters of life as a new mom and a young widow.... still with the sweetest puppy imaginable.
Labels
anson
(25)
ayla
(25)
baby fever
(34)
bad news
(4)
cake bites
(3)
cake bites by autumn
(4)
dating
(3)
deep thoughts?
(32)
development
(7)
family
(28)
friends
(16)
good news
(24)
grief
(1)
Home Improvements
(3)
IVF
(22)
job
(5)
kai
(8)
love
(6)
mommyhood
(20)
moving forward
(1)
pregnancy
(17)
questions
(11)
random thoughts
(25)
stupid effing cancer
(24)
suspense
(23)
the department
(7)
the twins
(44)
Tim
(47)
TMI
(7)
venting
(7)
widowhood
(12)
0 comments:
Post a Comment