Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Christmas #1

  • Tuesday, January 11, 2011
  • What an amazing Christmas we had. It was perfect. The only thing that would have made it better is if we could have had even more family and friends with us.

    I spent most of the day Christmas Eve getting food put together so that all I would have to do on Christmas was put things into the oven. Our fridge has never been so packed full.  Casseroles balanced atop potatoes with cake bites teetering on top like a wobbly star on a Christmas tree.

    Once the prep work was done, we went to the home of Tim's cousins, Patti and Charlie who bravely host a large Christmas Eve gathering every year. A good time was had by all and it was nice to relax a little! We spent the later evening with my parents and grandparents before hustling home to get the tables set and the gingerbread house assembled. What? I have priorities, after all ;-)
    Gingerbread "mansion"!


    Christmas Day was a busy scene with Tim's family here in the morning for the traditional gift opening extravaganza.






    They hustled off to a movie while my SIL and niece and I pulled together the details of cooking dinner for 18. I figure maybe our combuned age and experience qualified us. Maybe.


    Grandma's recipe!
    Squash... my favorite.
    Cheesy potatoes.
    Mom's stuffing.


    I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous about having so many people for the first holiday dinner I have ever hosted, but you know what? Everything went perfectly. I had help when I needed it and an empty kitchen when I just needed space. Everything came out delicious and right on time.

    Everyone was laughing and chatting and having a great time. People stuck around and hung out and played games. Next year maybe I won't even break a sweat!
    And Grandparents dozed off curled up like kittens.
    Kai enjoyed his new toy from his Grandparents :-) 




    Hoping you all had a very Merry Christmas with your loved ones!

    Love,
    Tim, Autumn, Brittany & Kai.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    (c) Copyright 2010 Tim & Autumn. Blogger template by Bloggermint